Netgear Arlo is a smart security camera with built-in features. You can connect the Arlo camera to your home wifi and it will let you keep an eye on your place through the Arlo app. You need to establish a connection between the Arlo camera and the Arlo base station. However, you might face Arlo camera offline issues. Many users often ask why is my Arlo camera offline. Therefore, we have decided to help you with it.
In this guide, we will try to resolve the Arlo camera offline issue. You might also face the Arlo base station offline issue. Go through the Arlo camera troubleshooting tips given in the following sections.
How to fix the Arlo camera offline issue?
If your Arlo camera shows offline, follow these troubleshooting tips:
Check the LED behavior
- The LED does not light- Make sure that the batteries are properly inserted. Also, make sure batteries are not dead.
- The LED blinks blue rapidly- Arlo camera is synced to the base station
- The LED blinks blue once- Try to Re-sync the camera
- The LED blinks Amber- Replace the batteries
Check the camera connectivity
- Make sure that the distance between the Arlo camera and Arlo base station is not more than 90 meters. If the distance is more, your Arlo camera might show offline.
- Make sure there are fewer walls between the camera and the station. The metal objects, thick walls, ceilings might cause Arlo camera offline issues.
- Try moving your Arlo base station away from other Wi-Fi devices.
Check the status of Arlo base station
- If the internet LED is solid green, it means Arlo base station is connected to the wireless network.
- If the internet LED is Amber, it means Arlo base station is not connected to the internet.
- If your Arlo camera still shows offline, contact our technicians they can help you resolve the issue.
How to fix the Arlo base station offline issue?
Are you experiencing the Arlo base station offline issue? If yes, then don’t worry try these Arlo camera troubleshooting tips to resolve the issue.
- Make sure that the Ethernet cable is properly connected to the base station.
- Make sure the power adapter is secured plugged into an outlet and connected to the back of the base station.
- Try accessing the internet from a device connected to your router. If you cannot browse the internet, you need to restore your router’s connection to the internet. If you cannot browse the internet, continue troubleshooting.
- Make sure that the DHCP is enabled.
- If nothing works and your Arlo camera still shows offline, reset your base station to default settings.
If you still experiencing the Arlo camera offline or Arlo base station issue, you can contact our technicians to help you with it. Call them on their toll-free number.