Arlo security camera provides a number of features to help you monitor your residential and commercial areas. It allows you to monitor the activities of your place from every angle, inside and outside, day and night. To connect wire-free Arlo cameras, you need to sync them to the Arlo base station. Many users often complain that their Arlo camera won’t sync with the base station. This guide will help you to resolve this issue.
Arlo camera won’t connect
While performing the Arlo base station setup sometimes, an Arlo camera sometimes fails to synchronize with its base station. Here are some troubleshooting tips that will help you resolve Arlo camera won’t sync with base station issue:
Keep your Arlo camera and base station in a close proximity
You need to make sure that your Arlo camera is not more than 3 meters away from your base station during the initial setup process. The sync process will not work if the distance between the arlo camera and base station is too much.
Follow these steps and check the status LEDs:
- You do not need to press the ‘Sync’ button if you are using a single-LED base station. If the blue LED is blinking, it means your base station and camera are synced.
- Press the sync button, if you are using a multi-LED base station. The LED will start blinking green, once your Arlo camera and base station are synced.
- In case, you are using a wire-free camera, press the ‘Sync’ button on the camera. The LED will start blinking blue when the base station and Arlo camera are synced.
Check the batteries:
If the Arlo camera’s battery is low, your Arlo camera won’t sync with the base station. The battery icon will change to orange if it’s low.
- Log into your account at my.arlo.com or open the Arlo app on your mobile device.
- Click the ‘Settings’ icon.
- You will find the battery status on the device settings page.
How to sync the Arlo camera to the base station?
If you are confused about the Arlo base station setup, the following steps will help you with it. Follow the instructions carefully to sync the Arlo camera with the base station manually. If your Arlo camera won’t connect to the base station, follow the above tips
- Insert the batteries into your Arlo camera and place it within one to three meters to base station.
- Press the sync button on your base station for 5-10 seconds and then release the button.
- The LED will start blinking green.
- Press the sync button on your Arlo camera. The LED will turn blue to indicate the sync process.
- If the LED on the camera is ‘Amber’, the synchronization is failed. You must repeat the process.
In case, you are still unable to resolve the Arlo camera won’t sync to the base station, you can ask our experts to help you with it. Our team is available round the clock to provide you assistance on the Arlo camera setup and Arlo login Arlo Login Help process. Give them a call on their toll-free number.